Thank you for considering taking part in the Adversity, Trauma, Resilience (ATR) Workforce Development Project Lived experience panel.
As part of this project, Better Start Bradford, Bradford Trident and WAVE Trust will be delivering ATR training and restorative services (e.g. supervision, peer support) across Bradford over the next three years, as well as producing ATR materials. This collaboration is a part of the Bradford ATR programme and has been funded by Public Health.
We will be seeking input from this panel on ATR training and materials content, and the restorative services we offer throughout the course of this project.
What we are looking for
We are seeking participants who experienced adversity, during childhood and/or adulthood. To give an indication of which types of adversities we are referring to, see the following list:
- Been sworn at, insulted, put down, humiliated, intimidated
- Been pushed, grabbed, slapped, had something thrown at you, hit hard enough to leave marks or injure you
- Unwanted sexual touching or fondling, had sex with you as a child, forced to engage in sexual acts at any age
- Felt that no one in your family loved you or thought you were important
- Felt that your family didn’t look out for or support each other, no one to protect you
- Not enough to eat, dirty clothes; difficulties paying for heating, housing, transport
- Parents too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor
- Parents ever separated or divorced
- At least one parent pushed, grabbed, hit, physically assaulted, threatened with a weapon
- You or your family being victims of neighbourhood crime/ violence (e.g. vandalism, assault, theft)
- Ever lived with anyone who was depressed, mentally ill, attempted suicide; problem drinker, alcoholic, drug user; went to prison; had serious health problems, illness, disability
- Experienced mental illness or negative well-being at any age; trauma; insecure and/or disorganised attachment style
If you are interested in taking part, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Paula Albarran at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘Lived experience panel’, and she will be in touch.
We also appreciate that the items in this briefing have the potential to bring back uncomfortable feelings and memories. If you feel that you want to speak to someone after having read this, please contact Paula and she will be in touch soon.
Though we will not make it a requirement of participation, we would also like to hear about your experiences of demonstrating resilience too, either during adversity or ever since it occurred.