Bradford Trident with support from Good Things Foundation (GTF) is running a project called Connect Up for over 55-year-olds who have little to no digital skills/computer illiterate. This is to reduce loneliness and isolation. The main focus of the project is to address the need for access and meaningful participation in the digital world by those who are over 55
Do you want to be able to do the following?
- Know how to search for things on the internet?
- Be able to read the news? Want to be able to shop online?
- Keep in touch with family, friends and loved ones via social media?
- Would like to pay bills online?
- Want to be able to manage your finances and banking online?
- Need to learn how to use the Government portal for benefits etc. online?
- Access your GP online and make medical appointments or request prescriptions?
- Search for jobs online?
- Search for local groups or activities in your area?
You can get help with any of these things, as there is a world of possibilities at your fingertips. The only thing stopping you is the know-how! We are here to help you to realise that and your potential to achieve it. For help with the basics of using a mobile smartphone to support you in accessing online information via smartphone, tablet or computer, to help increase your confidence with technology. The knock-on effects of this are being more socially inclusive with a reduction in loneliness/social exclusion.
For further details about how to take advantage of what the Connect Up Project has to offer, contact our Community Development Officer Aurangzeb Khan at email@example.com
or simply call him on 07929 167 958