13 hours per week (35% FTE)
Fixed term approx’ 18 months (until 31 March 2023)
with possible extension subject to funding.
Salary Level: £22,344 (pro rata)
plus 6.6% matched pension contribution
Community Health Officer will:-
- Have experience of promoting physical activity, health improvement opportunities, wellbeing and nutrition issues to the community
- Raise the profile and work to improve health issues for local residents, and provide evidence based advice and guidance about: diabetes prevention and management, diet, regular physical activity, air quality and combating isolation.
- Support and assist the development of a network of volunteers and community run health improvement activities (walking groups, exercise groups, park run, etc).
- Deliver the Well-Being Café for older people
Applicants should have:
- Experience of working in an inner city area in a community setting, involuntary or paid capacity.
- Experience of delivering health related projects
- Good level of general education (literate, numerate and IT savvy)
- Understanding of the connect between deprivation and health inequalities.
Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community and also suitably
qualified/experienced internal applicants.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: – 5:00pm Sunday 03 October 2021
Interviews: Friday 08 October 2021
Applications packs can be downloaded below
or for more information email email@example.com
Bradford Trident, Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Bradford, BD5 0LN