A wide range of finance companies, from global banks to innovators in financial technology, are well-established in our area providing jobs at a range of professional levels as well as entry-level positions in customer service, clerical role, inputting etc. Over 30 national and international banks are based locally. We are also home to three of the UK’s five largest building societies so lots of potential for roles including home working roles.
CONSIDERING JOBS IN THE FINANCE SECTOR? THURSDAY 11th March @ 10:30 am
- Understand the sector, the skills required and the jobs available.
- Understand how a finance-focused CV/job application may look.
- Feel more confident at promoting your own skills and experience to secure a finance role
- Includes interview skills via zoom & phone which are now common in this sector
We have also had feedback that due to COVID the number of people who worked previously as professionals perhaps managing teams are considering career changes, developing their skills to secure work and are also exploring how to effectively demonstrate their transferable skills both in applications and interviews. This workshop covers a range of areas including succeeding in virtual interviews and effectively using social media to find and secure employment.
PLANNING YOUR NEXT STEP – FOR MANAGERS, TEAM LEADERS, EXECUTIVES AND PROFESSIONALS WEDNESDAY 10th March @ 10:30 am
- Career analysis – What do you want? – Are you looking to change direction or target your career planning on a particular goal.
- Skills analysis – what can you bring to an employer?
- How you can be successful in an interview especially interviews carried out online.
- Recruitment – Using different channels to identify job opportunities.
- Social media and networking including using Linked In. What is the hidden job market
- Hints and tips for fine-tuning your CV.
- Exploring Self-employment as an option
HOW TO BOOK
Booking Line: Call 0191 731 4750
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with name, email and phone number