We are proud to announce, that due to the hard work of the team at the nursery have achieved an I CAN Early talk accreditation for a supportive service helping children develop their speech and communication skills
Early Talk is I CAN’s highly successful communication and language programme, designed for early years practitioners in partnership with parents. It supports the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2012 framework which recognises communication and language as one of the three prime areas for learning and development.
I CAN’s Early Talk Accreditation products are designed to help teachers and staff in early years settings to:
- Create communication rich environments
- Improve their knowledge of communication development and how to identify children with SLCN
- Improve the speech, language and communication skills of the children they work with
- Work collaboratively with speech and language therapists and other support agencies on education plans for individual children
- Provide good information and practical strategies for parents
Nursery’s accredited as offering a ‘supportive service’ for children’s communication meet the standards set for good practice in supporting all children’s speech, language, and communication development. These settings also show good practice in the identification and referral of children with speech, language, and communication difficulties.